Since the demise of the Kingsway Cinema, the premises have had a mixed history. |
Originally part of Panton Mansion, it then became Stamford House, and in 1926, the Regency Cinema, renamed successively as Kinema and the Kingsway (by 1936)
The Kingsway closed in 1977 and the Coronet bingo club started up. This was followed by The White House ( basically a music venue for the youth of the town). This morphed into Club M from 2000 to 2004. The main part of the building converted to two entertainments venues, Heaven and Innocence.
Innocence closed March 2019 and was replaced by The Ark which is to hold a variety of events including live music, comedy shows, sporting events and clubs.
click here to go to the Newmarket Shops website for more details
click here to go to the The Ark own website
|15-2-2019||Luke Watson||Luke Watson and Conor Marks||licensing register|
Kingsway, late 1920s 1930s c 2000 - White House as Club M -c 2003 2018 - photo Newmarket Journal April 2019
Kingsway, late 1920s
c 2000 - White House
as Club M -c 2003
2018 - photo Newmarket Journal