Towards the Wellington Street end of Drapery Row, to the right of the entrance to rear entrance to Deva House and Hadleigh House. .
Apparently the publicans did not favour advertising as it is not mention in any trade directory so far seen
Between 1911 and 1913 the magistrates decided to have a clear out of licences as they realised that with 30 licences in St Mary's ward alone they had one beer outlet for every 90 man,woman and child
Year Licensee Owner source 1787 Chapman's map 1858 ? Webb Cambridge Independent Press 1861 Josiah Carter census 1871 " " census 1874 William Mockford Bury Free Press 1878 William Whitmore assaulted customer, fined 5s and 7s 6d costs Cambridge Independent Press 1880 William S.Brewer Bury Free Press 1881 Frederick Hall census 1883 Frederick Hall (cautioned as to behaviour) White Hart Brewery Cambridge Independent Press 1884 transfer to Arthur Verer refused Bury Free Press 1889 Apr. Edward Famish Cambridge Daily News 1889 Dec. Henry Leonard Gaught Bury Free Press 1891 " " census 1896 advert for tenant White Hart Brewery Bury Free Press 1901 Edward Famish census 1906 Walter Cardwell Star Brewery Bury Free Press 1906 licence surrendered Bury Free Press 1913 sold - unlicensed " " Newmarket Journal