GREYHOUND (All Saints ward)

Location:- about where the Stable stands today (2019)



The Greyhound stood on the High Street, on the All Saints (Cambridgeshire side) in the area between what are now Camden House (Betfred) and Nationwide
When Charles II in 1668 decided to build a new palace further east from the earlier two, the area between the current premises of Betfed and Nationwide was the chosen spot and the houses and inns that were there were replaced. These included the Greyhound. Little is known of this inn and the name was then used for the inn on the St Marys side which ended up as the Carlton


click here to go to www.newmarketshops.info for more information

BACK to SEARCH page