HEAVEN

Location:- High Street in the old Kingsway Cinema, opposite the Memorial Hall

Since the demise of the Kingsway Cinema, the premises have had a mixed history.
Originally part of Panton Mansion, it then became Stamford House, and in 1926, the Regency Cinema, renamed successively as Kinema and the Kingsway (by 1936)
The Kingsway closed in 1977 and the Coronet bingo club started up. This was followed by The White House ( basically a music venue for the youth of the town). This morphed into Club M from 2000 to 2004. The main part of the building is now two clubs, Heaven and The Ark.
Heaven is a Gentlemen's Club and Late Night Bar with lap and pole dancing, frowned upon by many on the local authority, who have failed to withdraw its licence.

click here to go to the Newmarket Shops website for more details

click here to go to the Heaven own website

KNOWN LICENSING HISTORY
Year Licensee Owner source
24-1-2005 Seamus McConalogue Seamus McConalogue licensing register
10-5-2006 Gregory Kenneth Palmer Heaven Awaits Ltd licensing records
4-9-2014 Mitchell John Clarke " " licensing register
28-2-2017 Gokui Swami (Mr) Newmarket Entertainment Ltd licensing records


Kingsway, late 1920s


1930s


c 2000 - White House


as Club M -c 2003


2018 - photo Newmarket Journal

BACK to SEARCH page