Seemingly a quite short lived venture, premises situated between the New Cut and Church Lane, taken over by the Salvation Army in 1937, and now converted to residential use.|
According to the stone, it was built in 1909, and the 1936 Newmarket Directory for 1936 still has it called the Liberal Club, but being used by Ashby & Newton, presumably as a store.
There is actually no evidence that it was licensed premises. In view f the prevalence of temperance organisations at the time, especially amongst Liberal ladies, it is probably unlikely
KNOWN LICENSING HISTORY
|Year ||Licensee ||Owner ||source|
| || || |
after stoning in ?
after the stoning
As Salvation Army in 1984
converted to residential 2018
BACK to SEARCH page