NEW WELLINGTON

Location:- Cheveley Road and Ashley Road

Brewery or Owner:-Greene,King-



The White House, a veterinary practice, was purchased by Greene, King and converted to a pub, the licence being transferred from the Wellington in Wellington Street in 1932.
The stable block was used for storage, but the Ashley Road/Stanley Road corner of that block was converted to a fish and chip shop certainly from WW2 to the 1950's

click here to go to The Wellington

click here to go to the New Wellington's own website

KNOWN LICENSING HISTORY
Year Licensee Owner source
1932 Archibald Emmanuel Cornish Greene, King brewery records
1939 " " " " 1939 register
? Geoffrey Bond (son in law of previous) " "
24-7-1975 Stephen Alfred Ponder " " licensing records
21-7-1977 Malcolm John Reeve " " "
Joe ? " "
21-12-1986 Michael Joseph Wallace (from Cherry Tree) " " licensing records
16-10-2006 Keith Charles Pawley " " licensing register
2-11-2011 Georgina Megan Sampson (Miss) " " " "



2018


left hand corner - was Wilson's Fish & Chips


BACK to SEARCH page