PRINCE'S ARMS

Location:- High Street

Brewery or Owner:-unknown


Peter May's book "Medieval and Tudor Newmarket" has this one recorded that "1590 Samuel Hudson left to the poor benefactions from the profits of the Prince's Arms". This from SRO
Believed to have been the forerunner of The FEATHERS which site eventually became the Post office which was bombed in 1941

please click here to go to the main entry (FEATHERS) for these premises

BACK to SEARCH page