NEWMARKET & SUFFOLK REAL TENNIS CLUB

Location:- Fitzroy Street



Sir Charles Rose purchased the land in 1899 and on 29 June 1901 the court was officially opened. The court was not used as such from 1920 to 1992, much of that time it was used by Messrs Crisswell as part of their garage business. inally after a spell as PG Glazerite, it was put up for sale again and re-purchased by the Club and after extensive renovations the first game was played on 27 April 1995

The Club's own web site has a far more comprehensive history than we can manage here.

please click here to go to their website


KNOWN LICENSING HISTORY
Year Licensee Owner source
nothing on register


Inside in 1968 when Crisswells had it as a garage - photo courtesy www.newmarketrealtennis.club




1992 when PG Glazerite had put it on the market - photo courtesy www.newmarketrealtennis.club


BACK to SEARCH page