SEVERALS HOUSE HOTEL

Location:- Bury Road

Brewery or Owner:-Severals House Hotel Ltd



Severals House was built around 1884, owned in 1890 by Sir Maurice Fitzgerald. The house was lent to the Suffolk Red Cross in 1917 and a 40 bed war hospital was installed. In 1921 it was in the possession of Major Edward Francis Clayton By 1948 it was the offices of the Newmarket Town Council.

In 1974 Newmarket Town Council was merged with Mildenhall and Brandon Councils to form Forest Heath District Council and moved to a new building in Mildenhall in c1981. The House then was used as Severals House Conference Centre - Christian Broadcast from 1981-1984 before becoming Severals House Hotel to 1996, reverting to residential use around 2000

Severals House Hotel Ltd (Peter and Michael Taylor)was incorporated on 15th November 1983, last accounts posted 2003

KNOWN LICENSING HISTORY
Year Licensee Owner source
1991 local knowledge



Hospital inmates at exercise


1956, courtesy https://www.facebook.com/OldNewmarket/photos/

still seeking hotel picture


2019

BACK to SEARCH page