"HARTEST ROLL OF HONOUR"
To the eternal memory of the men of HARTEST who died in the service of their country
The Church of All Saints, Hartest..... photo www.suffolkchurches.co.uk They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old,
Fifteen in the Great War of 1914-1918 and Two in 1939-1945
On the village green, the memorial is a Portland stone obelisk on a plinth, on a three step base. The base is about 85 cm by 85 cm andis approximtely 3 metres
high. It is surrounded by 8 stone posts linked by chain. The makers were Messrs S.B.Peagrum. It was unveiled on 24th October 1920 by Capt E.H.W.Backhouse, Suffolk Regiment and dedicated by The Reverend H.C.
Wisdon, Rector of Hartest.
MEMORY OF THE
WHO FELL IN THE WAR
FOR KING AND COUNTRY
9 o'clock face and 3 o'clock face
12 o'clock face
inscribed are rank, forename, surname and regiment in no apparent order
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We will remember them.
The Church of All Saints, Hartest..... photo www.suffolkchurches.co.uk
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old,