To the eternal memory of the villagers of ROUGHAM who died in the service of their country
27 in the Great War of 1914-1918 and 5 in 1939-45 and 1 not named on memorial.

photo - 2014 by Pat Lamb

The memorial stands in the churchyard of St.Mary's, Rougham, a stone Celtic cross on a tapered column on an inscribed plinth on a two step base on a paved area, surrounded by a chain on wooden posts. There are 29 names inscribed for the Great War and on another face are 5 from 1939-45.
The memorial was unveiled on the 5th June 1921 by Major E.E.Pearson. It was renovated and the inscribed lettering painted in 2014.

St.Mary's Church, Rougham...photo Adrian Pye

go BACK to Rougham home page

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
We will remember them.